Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club is located within close proximity to many nearby attractions.
Nearby Attractions - Historical
- Andersonville National Historic Site, Andersonville - Once called Camp Sumter, Andersonville was one of the Civil War's largest Confederate military prisons.
- Jimmy Carter National Historic Site, Plains - Visit the hometown of President Jimmy Carter and see the home he lived in.
- Historic Windsor Hotel, Americus - See a beautifully restored Victorian hotel featuring a grand dining room.
- Westville - Georgia's Working 1850 Town,
Westville Lumpkin is a living history museum, which depicts an 1850 west Georgia village. At Westville, visitors can experience a middle-of-the-nineteenth century community in the twenty-first century.
- SAM Shortline Southwest Georgia Excursion Train to historical sites around south Georgia
- Americus - Discover this small town with heart and history. Its attractions include the SAM Shortline Excursion Train, 1892 Windsor Hotel, Habitat for Hummanity's Global Village and Discovery Center, and 1921 Rylander Theatre.
Nearby Attractions - Shopping
- Cordele's antique shops and the Farmer's Market
- Hendersonville Village
- Mennonite Community, Montezuma
Nearby Attractions - Museums
- National POW Museum, Andersonville
Museum that commemorates all American soldiers taken prisoner since the American Revolution.
- Cotton Museum, Vienna
The history of cotton is told with the aid of farm tools, cotton bolls, periodicals, a cotton bale, and other agricultural artifacts.
Open Mon-Sat 9am-4pm
1321 E. Union Street
- Georgia Agrirama Agricultural Museum, Tifton
- Georgia Telephone Museum, Leslie
Displays one of the most complete telephone collections in the world, with more than 1,500 phones. Included is the 1875 telephone the Alexander Graham Bell took to the World's Fair in Philadelphia.
Open Mon-Fri 9am-3pm
- Air Force Museum, Warner Robins
- Jefferson Davis Memorial State Historic Site
- The Plains School, Plains
Jimmy Carter's old high school is now a museum dedicated to the 39th President.
- Macon Museum of Arts and Sciences, Macon
A multi-faceted institution featuring diverse exhibitions in fine art, astronomy and natural history.
4182 Forsyth Road Macon
- Tubman African American Museum, Macon
Georgia's largest African-American museum, the Tubman museum, is dedicated to the preservation of African-American culture, history and art. It features both static and changing exhibitions of art by, for, and about African Americans.
340 Walnut Street Macon
- Thronateeska Heritage Center, Albany
The Thronateeska Heritage Center hosts three attractions: the Museum of History, the Wetherbee Planetarium and the Discovery Center.
100 West Roosevelt Avenue Albany
Nearby Attractions - Parks
- Chehaw Wild Animal Park, Albany
An 800-acre recreation facility that includes a campground and zoo with both native and exotic animals roaming in natural habitats.
- Providence Canyon State Conservation Park, Lumpkin
A strange land formation called The Little Grand Canyon. Providence Canyon State Park showcases Providence Canyon, the Plumleaf Azalea and the canyon's natural surroundings. Activities in the park include picnicking and hiking.
Georgia Highway 39C, 7 miles West of Lumpkin on Route 1, Limpkin
- Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park, Cordele
Train rides, boating, swimming, waterskiing, fishing, model airplane flying and camping are activities available within Georgia Veterans State Park. A memorial to US veterans, the park also presents a museum of armored vehicles, aircraft, uniforms and more. An 18-hole golf course is also within the park.
2459-A Highway 280 West, Cordele
- Little Ocmulgee State Park, McRae
A lake and beach, lodge and restaurant are located inside Little Ocmulgee State Park. An 18-hole golf course, fishing, canoeing and hiking are available activities.
2 miles north of McRae
- Kolomoki Mounds Historic Park, Blakely
The seven earthen mounds within Kolomoki Mounds Historic Park date back to between 350AD and 750AD, representing some of the oldest mounds in Georgia. A museum is located on-site, displaying a partially excavated burial mound. Other park activities include fishing, boating, canoeing and swimming.
205 Indian Mounds Rd, Blakely
- George T. Bagby State Park, Fort Gaines
A restaurant and an 18-hole golf course. The park also offers a marina with boat ramp. Activities in the park include boating, fishing, swimming, water skiing, volleyball and hiking.
Route 1, Fort Gaines
- Wild Adventures, Valdosta
Nine rollercoasters, a waterpark, an animal park, concerts and special events throughout the year are what greets guests of Wild Adventures.
3766 Old Clyattville Road Valdosta